Chaga Mushroom Chili
This chili recipe is not only delicious, but it also includes the amazing benefits of chaga mushroom tea. Chaga mushroom is known for its immune-boosting properties, making it a great addition to any healthy meal. This chili is packed with protein, fiber, and nutrients to keep you feeling full and energized. It’s a perfect meal for a chilly day, and it’s easy to make!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cups brewed chaga mushroom tea
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) corn, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped cilantro
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chopped onions and minced garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add ground turkey to the pot and cook for 5-7 minutes, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon until it’s browned and no longer pink.
- Add chili powder, cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper to the pot and stir well.
- Pour in the brewed chaga mushroom tea and diced tomatoes, and stir to combine.
- Add the drained and rinsed black beans, kidney beans, and corn to the pot, and stir everything together.
- Bring the chili to a boil, then reduce heat to low and let it simmer for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the chili hot, garnished with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and chopped cilantro, if desired.
Enjoy your healthy and delicious Chaga Mushroom Chili!