Chaga Mushroom Tea Infused Chicken and Rice
Chaga mushrooms have been used for centuries in traditional medicine to boost the immune system, reduce inflammation, and improve overall health. In recent years, they have also gained popularity as a healthy and nutritious ingredient in cooking. This recipe combines the earthy and nutty flavor of brewed chaga tea with chicken and rice to create a comforting and healthy dish.
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of chaga mushroom tea powder
- 1 pound of chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Brew 2 cups of chaga mushroom tea by boiling water and steeping 2 tablespoons of chaga mushroom tea powder for 10 minutes. Strain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add chopped onions and minced garlic. Cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add paprika, cumin, and salt. Stir and cook for another minute.
- Add brown rice to the skillet and stir to combine with the onion mixture.
- Add 2 cups of chicken broth and 1 cup of the brewed chaga mushroom tea to the skillet. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Add the cooked chicken back to the skillet. Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid. Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot.
This Chaga Mushroom Tea Infused Chicken and Rice recipe is a delicious and nutritious way to incorporate the health benefits of chaga mushrooms into your diet. The earthy and nutty flavor of brewed chaga tea complements the chicken and rice perfectly, making it a comforting and healthy meal. Enjoy!