Chaga Mushroom Soup
Chaga mushroom, also known as the “King of Mushrooms,” has been used for centuries in traditional medicine for its numerous health benefits.. One delicious way to incorporate this nutrient-rich mushroom into your diet is through a hearty chaga soup. This soup is not only packed with immune-boosting properties, but it’s also a satisfying meal that will warm you up on a chilly day.
- 1/2 cup dried Chaga mushroom
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrot, and celery, and sauté for 5-7 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the Chaga mushroom to the pot, and sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the vegetable broth into the pot and add the thyme and bay leaf. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth. Alternatively, you can transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the heavy cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy the delicious and healthy Chaga Mushroom Soup!
Note: You may want to add a touch of sweetness to the soup with a teaspoon of honey or maple syrup, if desired.