Yes! The melanin content in Chaga is far over average compared to other foods and medicinal plants.
Chaga mushroom (Inonotus obliquus) is a pore mushroom with a black, coal-like appearance, it’s black appearance comes from the high melanin content while inside it has a brownish orange color.
Melanin is a protective pigment that determines the skin tone in humans and is found in several areas of the human body
• Skin where it provides skin color
• Pupils or irises of the eyes
• Stria vascularis of the inner ear
• Areas of the brain, the substantia nigra and locus coeruleus
• The medulla and zona reticularis of the adrenal gland